Monday, September 15, 2008

Various notes

  • I know it is common to believe that you have a bad driver's license picture.  I can claim to have the world's worse driver's license photo.  I hope I can get it scanned to post on the blog.  Want a mental picture?  Think Herman Munster meets Jeffrey Dahmer.
  • It appears the efforts to avoid moving into a tiny apartment have been futile. 
  • I have no birthday plans.  I have decided that my birthday is not September 16th, but September 17th.  (Here's some insight into how my mind works.) I was born at 5:30 PM in Iowa on September 16.  That is well past midnight here in the middle east.  Soooo, to borrow lyrics from John Cougar Mellencamp, "I'm hold(ing) on to 16 39 as long as I can..." 

    In reality, Wednesday is the end of my work week.  It makes more sense to celebrate(?) on Wednesday night.

3 comments:

  1. You're 40 no matter what day you call it. Welcome to middle age.

    On a different topic, this is my second registration with this blogger. I apparently forgot my password for my first account and since there is no "forgot your password?" option so I had to invent a whole different email so I could comment for the whole world to see.

    And yes, Steve, I have diligently been reading your posts. In Iowa you're missing a cool 63 and rain (without sand). Sorry to hear about 113.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bigger question is...what will I do to celebrate my birthday?!

    Oh and my DL photo is horrible as well. I have given up all attempts to make it pretty. I didn't even do my hair this year.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CHep -
    Trust me, mine is worse. If you want to challenge me on this, bring it on you Hoosier fan.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete