Monday, September 8, 2008

Mother calls name mix-up of son 'weird'

That's a headline in today's Cedar Rapids Gazette. A young man was in an accident carrying the ID of 22 year old Brian Rose. The police reported the name and the real Brian Rose and family were flooded with calls to see if he was OK. But the guy in the accident was not Brian Rose.

Hmmm... Now why would a young man (of the same approximate, height, weight, and hair color) be carrying his 22 year old friends ID?

I agree with Brian's Mom. That's just weird.

Update: I am too cynical! It turns out it wasn't a case of carrying a fake driver's license. They really did mess up Brian Rose the 22 year old from one town with Brian Rose the 26 year old from another town.

3 comments:

  1. OK...all caught up on Steve's middle eastern life. Now I have a new daily task...reading Steve's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good. Read my blog. I will keep writing if I know I have a few people reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read about this today on KCRG.com, the one in the accident spells his name Bryan, so that is where the confusion came into play. :)

    Glad your meeting with the administration went well. :)

    Rae

    ReplyDelete