Monday, September 1, 2008

Bad day

Here's a timeline:

Friday: Eat a buffet in Shelbyville. Sick hours later. Ann and Mike get me Cipro. It works quickly.

Saturday: I spend early morning to night in Abu Dhabi on a photo shoot. I don't feel great but I'm OK.

Sunday: The first day of class. Not bad. Ann and I hit a KFC buffet. It had been 48 hours without food. We went to town with chicken, coleslaw, and french fries flying everywhere...

Monday: I wake up at 3AM and it seems the food poisoning is back. I have to be out of the hotel by 7 to make it to my first class. It's the start of Ramadan and I miss my coffee.

The combination of frequent trips to the bathroom and caffeine withdraw have me absolutely drained. I screwed up on Saturday and stopped taking the Cipro. I'm taking it now and if this will finally leave me I will be a good boy and take the rest like I should.

Sorry, but I can't even make the story of sneaking into the men's room to drink bottled water funny tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Steve:

    Ouuuuch! Buddy, I am sorry to hear all that - how horrible.

    I must have missed one of your posts - what are you referring to when you say "Shelbyville"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelbyville is the nemesis city of Springfield on the Simpson's. The kids are all mean. They eat gruel. It's where bad things happen.
    I joked about that hotel being Shelbyville and then I got food poisoning there. Poetic justice, I guess.

    ReplyDelete