Sunday, September 7, 2008

Soup of the Day: Veal's feet

It was accurately described; it did taste like feet.

One of the advantages of living in the Hilton this month is that we have an opportunity to try all the foods of the Iftar.  Iftar is the meal that breaks the fasting Muslims do from sunrise to sunset.  The Iftar is quite a spread.  I have not acquired a taste for much of what I've tried, but I'm glad to have the chance to try it. 

Many locals rave about the sweets that are available during Iftar.  They're OK, but if I had to choose these sweets or a German chocolate cake with a scoop of ice cream... well...

Why do I torture myself thinking of foods I can't have?

Fortunately, I did bring Dad's popcorn.  Popping it Ann's last week was like being home.  For a few seconds, at least.

1 comment:

  1. If you cook the popcorn like I do, it will last you for the next two years...

    ReplyDelete