Friday, September 5, 2008

The sun'll come out tomorrow...

Yes, I've reached a point of singing Annie.

I've spent the past two days looking at housing. David Sedaris would find a way to make the experience funny. After I find a decent place I might be able to as well.

But I do have hope for tomorrow. At the very least I know I'll be moving to a better hotel room. I got stuck in a tiny room while most of my colleagues are in quite nice rooms. I was told that a nice one would be available soon. I kept checking back. Nada. Then I was told I would not be able to move. I wrote a letter to the hotel manager this morning. This afternoon I was greeted with a spread of fruits from room service, a bottle of wine and a message that I'd be moved to a better room tomorrow. Since this will be my home for at least the next month, Yippee!

We are going apartment hunting again tomorrow. I'd ask you to say a prayer for me but I think we've got it covered. Between the Muslims, Hindus, and Christians we are pretty well represented.

No comments:

Post a Comment