Friday, September 19, 2008

Addiction


My name is Steve and I am an addict.

Hi, Steve!

I spent three hours this morning catching up on political news. "Catching up" because I only spent an hour per day over the past week.

What's a political junkie? Someone who reads about the last absentee ballots coming in the Alaska primary or who knows the name every competitive senatorial candidate, and of course the latest poll data on each race.

My addiction is not new. It started when I was 14 and convinced my parents to go to the Iowa caucus so I could go too.

OK, so what's new now?

Starting Thursday I have ten days of vacation. Ann and I are planning to take a trip to Sri Lanka. You know, wonderfully peaceful and serene Sri Lanka... a vacation unencumbered by technology.

Last night I started to hyperventilate at the prospect of ten days with no political news.

No comments:

Post a Comment