Friday, September 12, 2008

Baseball! (and other sports)

I watch very little baseball back home.

Tonight we got to catch the Cubs vs. Cardinals live. I was enthralled. I like both teams, but my heart is with the Cubs. They won, aided by what appeared to be a bad call against the Cardinals in the bottom of the ninth.

The point is that if I had been flipping through channels back home I probably wouldn't have watched the game. The fact we were able to watch it live (with no sound) was exciting.

Rumor has it that one of the stations carries Monday Night football live. I don't know if it is worth getting up at 4 AM to watch that.

********

For two weeks the front page sports story was the US Open and two pages on the inside was on the Open. Wow. I don't think there's a single paper in the US that covers it that closely.

Now that the Open is over they've gone back to coverage of Cricket... a sport I still don't understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment