Sunday, September 21, 2008

Monday September 22

It's a big day for me. I pick up my car. Which, for me means freedom. Ann and Mike have been very helpful taking me where I need to go but there's nothing like the freedom of having your own car!

Even bigger news is the possibility of getting a great place to live. I have not been using this blog to describe the emotional roller coaster/soap opera of our housing situation. The national newspaper even did a story about the UAEU faculty who are still homeless.

Let's just say that I have a chance at a wonderful place. Tomorrow I find out if I get it. Even though hopes have been dashed so many times in the past six weeks it is hard not to feel excited. I'm definitely taking Ambien tonight.

Oh, I've moved offices. Today my department chair asked if I'd be willing to move to the main building. I said, "Sure..." My new office is right across from his. Apparently, the woman currently there wants a quieter office. I said, "Does she know where my office is? Are you sure she would want it?" I was told yes. By the time I got back from class everything (which was not much) was moved from my old office to my new office. I now have a normal window looking out on the courtyard. It's great!

No comments:

Post a Comment