Thursday, September 4, 2008

Miscellaneous

I am feeling better. The relapse of the effects of food poisoning are gone, thanks again to Cipro. I took all of my remaining supply and I hope it finally killed whatever was inside of me! The withdrawal from caffeine was almost as bad. For the past two weeks I'd sit at breakfast, read the newspaper and drink two pots of coffee. Since getting caffeine will not be easy to get this month I've decided to just give it up.

I'm headed out shortly to continue the apartment hunt. It's probably a futile attempt but I have to believe there is a better place than the one they've picked for us.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No easy access to Coffee? I couldn't live there! :) Sounds like you are having an amazing experience! You will get over the homesickness. When I moved to Seattle, it took a couple of months. Being back to work will help you! Are you still teaching economics? Keep up the blog.

    -Ryan Risbeck

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can have coffee at breakfast but it's tough to get any caffeine mid-day so I've decided to have a Coke here or there but basically go caffeine free for Ramadan.
    I'm teaching only Principles of Management this term. They asked which class I liked the most and then gave me six sections of it. From a prep standpoint I've never had an easier term. I can imagine going stir crazy saying the same thing six times.
    ****
    It's good to hear from you. I didn't know you were in Seattle. That's a big move. Send an e-mail to my AOL account. I'd like to hear what took you to Seattle.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete