Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mall of America

As much as I like SpongeBob and Dora the Explorer it just doesn't seem right for Camp Snoopy to be missing from the Mall of America. (Charles Schultz was born in St. Paul.)

I also didn't like the near monopoly Pepsi has on the place and the Bank of America monopoly on ATM's.

*****
The trip was exactly what I needed. Had I returned to the Emirates without leaving Iowa for three months I'd have been very depressed. Although Minnesota isn't a major change in scenery it was good to just get away. The trip was short - 3 days. Due to unforeseen complications explained below I completely missed some college friends and Ann's sister Joan. I also inexplicably did not take pictures of several friends I saw... like two whole families and the guy nice enough to put me up for two nights and drive me around Minneapolis.

Regardless, I wish I had done more short trips like this. I'm going to be kicking myself for the entire year ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment