Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sunny and 93 in Minneapolis

Gee, who woulda thunk there'd be unseasonal weather when I travel somewhere?

On Sunday my friend Nate and I went to uptown Minneapolis and this was the view from the rooftop bar.
Even though I stayed with Nate for two days and he was a great host I didn't take a single picture with him in it. I'm a bad friend.

Shortly after taking this picture we met up with another friend and his family:
Jake and Nicole are proud new parents. In addition to being in my fraternity Jake was one of my first students. To me he'll always be the 12 year-old looking guy who just bleached his hair. Jake's job is taking phone calls from people wanting to buy treasury bills. He says he gets a lot of calls from people unhappy with Obama and the low interest rates they get. It's interesting to have one of my former economic students working at the Federal Reserve.

If the people who call him been in my class they'd know it's the appointed guy (Bernanke) that sets monetary policy, not the president.

No comments:

Post a Comment