Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tavern on France

On Friday I made a side trip to Des Moines to meet with my friends Kelly and Stacey. (Our waitress at the restaurant was so fantastic we wanted her in the picture.)
Two years ago I had a going away party. Kelly (standing next to me) traveled across the state while nine months pregnant to be there.

And I didn't even buy her dinner on Friday. I'm such a bastard.

I haven't seen Stacey in almost 20 years. Back in the early 90's she was nice enough to pick up Ann returning from Japan at the Des Moines Airport. There was an ice storm and I couldn't make it on time. She graciously put us up for the night.

And I didn't buy her dinner, either. Wow, I really am a jerk.

Meanwhile, in Minneapolis on Sunday I met up with Michele (who also happens to be Kelly's best friend.)
I'm glad it doesn't upset me that my friends have aged so much better than I have.

At Tavern on France - named the for the street it is on and not the cuisine - I ordered a pizza with pepperoni, mushrooms, caramelized onions, cilantro and basil. I liked it and can't recall ever being somewhere that offered that combination.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you again, for stopping by my sweet, Steve! Kelly and I just wouldn't have felt complete without you visiting... :)

    Smooches,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steven, I had a great time!! You have aged well, but you are a bastard for not buying me dinner...but I love you anyway...does this make up for Homecoming yet???
    Please come and see me ANYTIME...Kelly

    ReplyDelete