Friday, August 27, 2010

The anatomy of a great day

Thursday, August 26th, was easily my best day of vacation. It started with a visit to the eye doctor.
1. My eye doctor explained that I don't need bifocals (yet) and that my eyes have actually improved. (Woo-hoo!)
2. Two weeks after my parents' anniversary I was able to give them a gift they genuinely appreciated.

3. I met my friend Karey for breakfast. I missed her last year and two years of catching up took us a couple of hours but it was fun. The plate in the foreground is the "Hawkeye Hog" at the Hamburg Inn. Basically, it's an omelet stuff with pork sausage and hash browns and covered in pork gravy.

Yes, in Iowa we will put gravy on anything - including eggs.

4. I removed slime from the front of my garage and was able to clean half of my deck.

5. I met a friend at Carlos O'Kelley's and finally had a good margarita.

6. As I arrived home I see an envelope from the Great Iowa Treasure Hunt. It turns out I'm owed money they didn't know about before.

Yippee! I'm singing, "I'm in the money..." and then I see the total amount owed to me: $6.62.

Now that's a buzzkill, but still, it's been a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment