Sunday, March 20, 2011

A brand-name compressor

The Coke fridge stopped working and McGyver's crew took it away to be repaired.  This morning he called to say it was the compressor and that it might cost a lot of money to get it fixed.  I asked for a number knowing full well I would pay whatever he said.

The answer?  $200 for compressor A and $300 for compressor B.

I asked for the differences between the two.  Is the more expensive one more powerful?  No.  Is it quieter? No.  Does it use less electricity?  No.  I was out of questions so I finally asked, "Why would anyone go with the $300 compressor if the $200 one is just as good.

McGyver said the $300 has a better name.  "But it isn't any better in your opinion?" I asked.

"No, sir," he replied.

Of course I went with the cheaper one.  For the rest of the day I've been wondering why anyone would choose differently.  "Well, this here Coke machine has a 357 hemi under the hood..."

I guess I *could* brag about the compressor name but first I'd have to buy suspenders and a flannel shirt.

*****
Also, the Coke fridge died on Friday.  McGyvor has been out of the country since October and just returned on Thursday.  This is the second time the fridge was slowing dying but held out just long enough for McGyver to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment