Thursday, March 3, 2011

Good news

The number of people requesting unemployment for the first time is the lowest it has been in 2.5 years... before the complete meltdown in the fall of 2008.  That is certainly good news.  Whether that actually means an increase in jobs will be seen in tomorrow's unemployment report.

*****
On the personal front, today my boss saw me and said, "Have you looked at your class sizes compared to Dr. ____."  I replied I had.  He laughed and said, "He must have scared them off in the first week and they all jumped to your sections."  

I would appreciate a permanent fix but it was good that my boss realized what was happening without me bringing it to his attention.  He did say I'll have a course release (teach one less class in the fall).  That's good mews.

*****
Tomorrow I am headed to Um Al Qwainn.  I am not exactly sure what I signed up for, but I think it includes a boat trip into the mangrove marshes.  What are "mangrove marshes"?  I'm not sure, but I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Can you take and post some photos of the mangrove marshes? Mangrove trees are totally mind blowing.

    Matt

    I know that sounds like sarcasm but I am serious.

    ReplyDelete