Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Magnificent March

I don't set New Year's resolutions because I know I will fail miserably.  I did hope, however, that setting goals to make one month a better month would be successful.  So far the Magnificent March has been extraordinarily ordinary.  

The positives:
  • I am losing weight.  I lost 4 pounds over 3 weeks.  That's slower than normal but the diet's been easy.
  • The "I will not yell at low wage workers" has also gone very well.  I swear the gods have been tempting me, however:  Last week I came into a room where nothing was working.  I had no way to teach my class.  I called A who told me to call B who told me to call C.  C didn't answer the phone.  When I called B back they referred me A.  When I got back to A I said, "It is now 20 minutes into my class..."  I never got mad or raised my voice or had to down a Valium.  
The negatives:  
  • I'm just not a skin-care kind of guy.  I can't get myself to put on moisturizer or "daily ex-foliates".  I guess I'm doomed to look my age.
  • Working out?  Well, I worked out twice in the first week.  That's enough, isn't it?
There's been another side effect of the Magnificent March that has made it hard to type.  Tune in at the end of the month and I'll explain.  

(And here's a first:  I'm using the blog to communicate to a friend.  Matt: I have neither your cell or e-mail address.  I read the e-mail you sent last week but somehow I must have deleted it because it is not there.  Why your e-mail address also disappeared is a bigger mystery.  If you hadn't dropped Facebook I wouldn't have to resort to communicating via the blog!  Anyhow, send another e-mail.)

No comments:

Post a Comment