Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fourth of July

I was not feeling too great this fourth: The combination of lack of sleep and forgetting my thyroid medicine for most of the time since I've been back. I feel wiped out. Nevertheless, I joined Robby and Amanda & Peter to see the Iowa City fireworks.

In total they were far behind a normal Cedar Rapids show. The difference is that we were 200 yards from where they were being set off. The super booms were so close you feel them reverberate in the chest and there wasn't any time for warning: Flash and immediate boom.

I liked that. Overall, a good night. I took thyroid medicine twice today (shhh... don't tell anyone) and I'm taking an ambien to get a good night of sleep. I hope to feel like a different person tomorrow but I know it will take a few days to kick in.

No comments:

Post a Comment