Saturday, July 3, 2010

Star Bar

Years ago a student said she worked at the Star Bar in Fairfax. I asked, "So is your bar famous for anything or is it a regular townie bar?" She said they were famous for their broasted chicken. "People stop by from all over to get it."

I was skeptical but gave it try. It is pure, unadulterated deep fat fried greatness.

Fortunately, my friend Sam lives in nearby Walford and was willing to join me for lunch.

You may think, "Big deal... it is fried chicken." But, boy, would you be wrong! First, the batter is simple and delicious. Sam told me he doesn't eat the skin on chicken and I thought, "Yippee! More for me!" Once he tasted this, however, he decided it was pretty good. Second, for those you uninitiated on the wonders of broasting: Broasting is deep fat fried in a pressure cooker. I'm not sure how the pressure cooker makes it better but it does.

I'm going to have to keep reminding myself that this was a one time stop this summer. In case any of you want to go I'm sure I can easily forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment