Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Star Wars in Concert

Friends and I went to "Star Wars in Concert" in Des Moines. An orchestra played John Williams' music while clips from the movies played on a jumbo screen. It was amazing and hearing the Imperial March played live was worth the ticket price alone.

My only beef is that I wanted more of this:
I wanted to actually see the musicians playing the music more than hearing the music while movie clips played. It's a minor beef because it was fantastic all around.

The show was narrated by Anthony Daniels, the actor who played C3PO. In this pic you can see him tiny in the lower left hand corner (and, of course, projected on the jumbo-tron.)

I guess I knew C3PO had many stereotypically gay mannerisms but I had never given much thought to the actor portraying him. Wow, all I can say is that Anthony Daniels' flame burns bright.

The day could not have been better. Unfortunately, Mike (Ann's husband) mouthed off to a Storm Trooper and it went downhill from there...


No comments:

Post a Comment