Friday, July 2, 2010

Glory Days?

I have several friends from high school. Sometimes when we gather all I can think of is Springsteen's song "Glory Days." There is certainly more to life than HS and I've always felt sad for those who seem to trapped by the memories. Actually, I've always tried to live my life by a different 80's song (Billy Joel): "The good old days weren't always so good and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems."

Tonight's gathering was with three of my closest friends over the decades. We shared news of our lives, debated the pro's and con's of many issues and enjoyed a fantastic meal. Our host Aaron is a fantastic cook and almost everything came out of his impressive garden. As our "Dr. Dr." friend (medical doctor and Ph.D.) he's so perfect he'd make you sick if he weren't such a nice guy.

It didn't occur to me until now that we hardly mentioned high school. The friends where you can pick up where you left off and not have to relive the glory days? Those are the keepers.

2 comments:

  1. Aaron is like Richard from Lost. HE DOESN'T AGE!!! Has he been to the island and drank the water???

    Good looking group of Bentonites.

    Travis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome picture of all of you!!

    ReplyDelete