Monday, July 26, 2010

A bachelor party with one really expensive drink

The guy on the left - Travis - is getting married next month. After officiating at one wedding I joined them for the early part of the bachelor party. I saw the sign I'm holding for the "Pineapple infused vodka" and thought I had to try it. The sign left off the price and the picture was deceptive. I was served a small drink and the price was $8. That's outrageous for this part of the country.

As I started writing this post I made the translation to dirhams for my non-US dollar readers. While I was shocked, shocked! to pay $8 for the drink I would not have been surprised to be charged the equivalent - 29 dirhams - in the UAE. I guess living in a country where a case of old beer goes for 125 Dh ($34) should have made me comfortable paying outrageous prices back here.

3 comments:

  1. For $8, it should come with a souvenir glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this the famous HR Travis? Congratulations to him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No this is a different Travis... Since my HR friend is now dating a person in the airline industry I am crossing my fingers that he'll be able to make a visit to the Emirates.

    ReplyDelete