Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Landscaping: It's all fun and games...

... until your sister almost cuts her finger off.

My sister is great at landscaping. I'm not. She generously agreed to help. I bought her lunch at Thai Moon and afterward we went to work. She showed me how to dig up and break up my hostas for replanting. She then went to work pruning my Russian Sage. Twenty minutes later I heard her shriek. I rounded the corner of the house just in time to see blood spraying like a garden hose. (Miriam wanted me to add, "We had to look for the tip of her finger before rushing to the hospital." While that's a bit of an exaggeration it is safe to say she was pumping out blood.)

Fortunately, I live one block from an urgent care center where she was treated right away. I thought the device they use to bandage the finger was pretty cool:
Fortunately, she should have a full recovery.

In my ever-typical gallant manner I paid her $20 co-pay and didn't even ask for a refund on the lunch I bought her.

'Cause I'm just that kind of guy.

3 comments:

  1. I hope I left a few drops of blood on your sidewalk! You'll be happy to know that I can still feel my heart pulsing through my fingertip this morning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The things my mom will do to get out of work...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch... I was wondering what you've been up to since I left you in the Detroit, or was it Chicago, airport. I see you've been busy.

    ReplyDelete