Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Vacation travel plans

Note:  I deleted the half-written post that was up earlier today.  Just forget about it... which should be easy enough.

*****
For the past two months I've considered three options for this break:
1.  Egypt
2.  Beirut (Ann & Mike loved it there.)
3.  Back to Nepal

Last week's fall of the Tunisian government has Arab leaders across the spectrum concerned, no place more so than Egypt.  Thousands have flooded the streets in protest and some wonder if this is the start of a revolution.  Last week I told one of my former (Egyptian) students that I planned to go to Luxor, Egypt, during the break.  Yesterday he contacted me and said, "Please don't go."

OK.

Here's today's headline on Beirut, "Business as usual despite riots across Lebanon..."

That leaves Nepal.  I may or may not go.  I have use-it-or-lose-it credit with a budget airline so I very much want to get out of the country even if it is only for a few days.

1 comment: