Thursday, January 6, 2011

The pause that refreshes

Partly by choice (volunteering for too much) and partly by circumstances (internships from hell) this has been a stressful semester.  Classes are done and it is now dead week.  I'll meet with students about their internships, print finals, do some review sessions, two repeat training sessions.... but compared to the past two months this feels like a week off.

As I mentioned yesterday I volunteered for more training and today I met with the prof in the medical college to find out more about it.  It is basically a "Management 101" course for the Master's in Public Health.  They do their sessions as an intensive two week program.  It would mean a lot of work between now and February but, wow, teach at the Master's level with very bright dedicated students?  I feel like I've died and gone to teacher heaven.  

It is particularly auspicious that the two weeks I'd be teaching happens fall in between my training sessions for university managers.

During this pause I also realized that I haven't posted any pictures from Nepal.  At the end of the trip I lost my camera but I did take a couple of hundred pics on my Canon (big camera).  I hope I have time in the next few days to post a few.    

Here's a post-trip picture:  I bought a shirt in Nepal and after learning in the first trip that all colors bleed badly I soaked this one in hot water... again... again... again...  I did it at least a dozen times and still bled.  I guess this is a shirt I won't be putting in the washer.

Believe me the pictures in Nepal are much more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment