Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Last day on the men's campus

Next semester I'm scheduled to teach only on the women's campus.  In the fall we will be moving to a new campus.  That makes today my last day of teaching on the old men's campus.  
I've heard the place referred to as Guantanamo.  There are some class rooms that are awful... yet I've come to like the place.

Today I was reviewing for the final.  My last section wouldn't stop talking.  I said, "I'm doing this for you, not me."  They kept talking.  I said, "You are making me happy I am only teaching on the women's campus next semester."  They still didn't stop so I said, "Thanks for a great last class.  I'm done."  I packed up my stuff and walked out.

After a moment of stunned silence I heard a chorus of "But what about the rest of the review?"

No comments:

Post a Comment