Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The moon

Geek alert!

I was taking out the trash at 11:30 tonight and I noticed the moon directly overhead.  I have never seen the moon exactly above me.  It was awe-inspiring!

Another amazing  treat (for a weather geek) was seeing some low level clouds moving north while a haze layer that was much higher moving east.  

This is has to be near the top in two categories  1. You had to be there, and 2.  You have to be a weather geek.

Update:  Now the lower level clouds are also moving east.  I've never spent 30 minutes watching the moon.  I'm not sure if it's really that exciting or if I really, really don't want to grade my finals.

Also, of interest - a large villa is almost completely built across the street.  Tonight there are two people sitting in the middle of the driveway watching a large TV at midnight.  Huh?  

3 comments:

  1. Perhaps they also want to look at the moon and clouds, but also want to watch "Emerati's got talent"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You're in Cabo and checking my blog? I'm honored!

    ReplyDelete