Friday, January 28, 2011

Lucky? Yes and No

Today I tried to book a ticket to Nepal.  I got to the last step - putting in the credit card information - and discovered that my credit card had expired.  Given the airline's policies I can't simply use a friend's card.  The bank is open tomorrow and I hope to get this cleared up.

While I'm bummed and thinking, "Only you, Steve, only you..."  I have to say I am feeling lucky:  I was originally supposed to be in Egypt by now.  Even though the region I was going to be in does not have the rioting the news that the internet and cell phones have been cut is scary.  My friend Gwenn is flying there on Monday.  If I were stupid brave I'd join her.  

I'll keep trying for Nepal.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if your friend is an American or not. Just heard this morning that Americans are being advised to leave the country.

    ReplyDelete