Sunday, January 23, 2011

E-mail of the day

This is not only one of the nicest e-mails I've ever received, it's also one of the best written:

Dear Dr. Steven:
I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your class this year i can't thank you enough for what you have done for us in this course to make our lives easier. I learned a lot about Supply Chain Management and i loved every second of it. Thank you alot for always being patient and in a good mood. I always looked forward to your class and I can honestly say that it was the most enjoyable class I took this Academic year. You have a way of making dry subjects really interesting and out of all the professors I came across here at UAE University, you have help me learn better, not just about the course itself but as well as how to be an excellent student. You have influenced me to be a better student and how to take on the role of a responsible business person when I enter the corporate world. Once again, I want to say Thank You from the bottom of my heart.
Have a great break.
Regards,
I'm glad a student found the supply chain (operations management) class interesting.  She's right; it is boring material.  Trying to make it interesting is work and I am happy someone appreciates that!

*****
No, I do not call myself "Dr. Steven" and this e-mail came after grades were posted.  This wasn't a suck-up for a better grade.

3 comments:

  1. I would think those are the moments that make it all worth while. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That make feeling very good if someone appreciate the true effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HELLO Mr. low self esteem...
    Your a great teacher! Your suprise about that never stops amazing me.

    Karey

    ReplyDelete