Monday, January 3, 2011

Light at the end of the tunnel?

I'm hoping it's not a train about to run me over.

Three major tasks this week:
  • Write and format a final for the management class.
  • Prepare a new training session.
  • Figure out a way to get supervisor internship reports from students in 4 different cities (without having to travel to all of them... I simply don't have time.)
Thanks to waking up at 3:30 this morning I have been able to finish the final.  Here's the dilemma I face each semester:  If I volunteer to write the final, photocopy it and distribute to all of the teachers my colleagues are more than willing to say, "Go for it, buddy!"  But can I get any of them to even proofread it advance?  Nooooo!

Why put myself through this?  Because when we've tried to write a final by committee it ends up being more work and more frustrating. 

Also, I'm a control freak.  When I know I am going to be grading 200 finals I don't like answer sheets that go on for four pages.  I also like patterns in my answers that make it fast to grade.  By doing this work I know I'll be saving myself a lot of time in two weeks when I have to grade. 

But sometimes working with Type B people can be frustrating...

Now I have to prepare for a new training session on Wednesday.  (I have a topic, which is a better start than last month)  AND figure out how I'm going to get work evaluations back by Thursday from internship students spread out across four cities.  I'm thinking fax.  If only all work places had a fax machine...

No comments:

Post a Comment