Thursday, January 20, 2011

Negotiating... win?

I ran the events of the past two weeks by my Dean.  His response:  "I'm glad you declined.  The offer was too low even if you didn't have to develop the course.  If the medical dean complains to me I'll tell him he is too cheap."

That was exactly what I wanted to hear.  If my Dean had said, "Well, it would help relations between the colleges..." I would have felt compelled to do it.

This morning my contact at the medical college responded to my e-mail by writing, "What a pity.  Is there anyone you can recommend who would be willing to teach it?"

I'm going to take the weekend to decide how or even if I will respond.  Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. I would respond by saying, "I will ask my colleagues but I cannot imagine any of them would be willing to do it for such small compensation."

    ReplyDelete