Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Storm-maker

I'll start with the boring and odd story:  Abu Dhabi schools told to prepare for rain

Prepare?  A school needs to prepare for rain?  OK, get ready!  You might get wet! 

But now I'm not sure if the first story was a weather forecast or the fact the government plans to MAKE it rain:  "Abu Dhabi scientists create desert rainstorm"

This isn't seeding clouds.  They are spending millions to create fields of negatively charged ions.  Those negatively charged ions create weather.  

Shortly after I returned in September my Dubuque neighbor told me I missed a freaky storm days earlier.  He said, "It came up suddenly and without warning.  The winds were as strong as anything I've felt in Iowa.  The sky changed color very quickly.  There wasn't a lot of rain but I've never seen anything like it."

I am not sure how I feel about this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment