Sunday, August 2, 2009

How blogs die

Back in February I was stunned that Cedar Rapids had 1100 registered bloggers. As I trolled from blog to blog I found that most had been abandoned long ago. The common theme in the dead blogs was lack of daily posting.

In the one year I've had this blog I've never gone two days - let alone three - without a post. My bad.

A short (hopefully not too defensive) explanation: On Thursday & Friday I had many errands and things to do with Ann before she headed to New York for August. Plus my sleep was terrible. I'm not sure if it was jet lag or excitement of being back.

The lack of sleep made me loopy. Ann and I had dinner (with no alcohol - relevant to the story) with a HS friend in Iowa City. I went to the bathroom. After doing my business I came within inches of trying to use the urinal next to mine to wash my hands.

It's amazing what lack of sleep can do to a person.

My promise is that this blog will return to regular posting.

And I'll try not to confuse urinal cakes with soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment