Thursday, August 13, 2009

Lesson of the day - weight and gravity matter

I have never missed the state fair. I don't think a summer would be complete without it. On this trip I did two things I haven't done in a long time: Ride the giant slide and the double ferris wheel.

I started after my friends on the giant slide but, not surprisingly, my weight matters on gravity. By the time I reached the bottom I had flown past my friends and was kinda scared I wouldn't be able to stop.

I tried hard not to scream like a little girl.

1 comment:

  1. Did you succeed (in not screaming like a little girl)?

    Two years ago my daughter (who was only 3 at the time) was adamant that she wanted to go on the giant slide at the MN State Fair. She had little fear and had done many rides by that time. My husband decided to take her. I protested saying she was too little for it and that it would scare her. And it did. I couldn't get her on anything but a tiny slide for about a year. Now she is fine with most slides - but I doubt she'll do that slide again for a LONG time. She didn't scream though - in fact, I don't think she let out a peep until she got to the bottom and then ran into my arms sobbing...

    ReplyDelete