Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Beware of the melon

As a child you're told that you can't overfeed goldfish because they will eat so much they'll die. Even as a youngin' I had a hard time believing that one... until I ate watermelon.

This summer I found a place that sold great watermelons cheap. During the month of July I ate a melon per day. I developed a ritual of cutting the melon into four pieces and removing the core and putting in the fridge. I'd eat the shell and throughout the afternoon visit the fridge and polish off the core.

I am only telling you all of this as a precautionary tale: A watermelon per day wreaks havoc on your digestive system.

3 comments:

  1. I just threw up a little...uuuurrrrp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On NPR they said that watermelon is an aphrodisiac in high quantities. They said that this is counterbalanced by the fact that it is also an extreme laxative in similar but slightly lower quantities...

    ~Matt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news - I don't think that's a lot of calories! Oh avoid too many pears too... Trust me.

    ReplyDelete