Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mission (almost) accomplished

I had two big goals for this trip: 1. Shingle the house and, 2. Pack up my stuff. The first mission was accomplished on the two hottest, rainiest days of my trip. The second project has been more time consuming.

My life as a packrat means I've accumulated more crap than any 40 year old should be allowed. In clothes alone I could give Imelda Marcos a run for her money. Over 200 t-shirts? I'm holding myself to the five year rule (revised from the one year rule): If I haven't worn it in five years it goes to Goodwill. It's hard to hold to a one year rule when I haven't lived here for a year. Regardless, I have carload full for Goodwill.

I'm sure the guys living in my house will be relieved to finally have some room for their stuff. While I feel like I didn't get enough time to spend with friends on this trip at least it was productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment