Sunday, August 9, 2009

Pyro heaven

Many years ago Amana hosted the Pyrotechnics Guild. The show was amazing but the traffic left friends of mine waiting past 3AM to get home.

This is the show where pyrotechnics geeks flock each year to show off the latest and greatest. It was held in Mason City in 2004 and is being held there again this week.

My sister and her husband and I sat in lawn chairs in the front row. We could feel the heat from the numerous fireballs. Also we were covered in debris from the fireworks. It was an amazing experience and I am sorry I'll miss the grand finale on Friday.

This self interested sponsor is likely to have new patients after this show. The boomers were as loud and powerful as any I've ever heard.

Or maybe I'm just getting old and everything seems louder.

1 comment:

  1. Hope your hearing is okay - apparently people heard the boomers in Ventura!

    ReplyDelete