Sunday, June 26, 2011

Bordering on giddy

Today was with the first day of summer school and I was smiling for ear to ear as I drove to campus.  Then I realized, "Wow, dude, you are strange."

As first days go today went well.

******
Last week I had student come to me to say she had an incomplete from last semester and needed to take the final.  I gave her a make-up exam and went searching for her earlier grades.  I couldn't find her.  I double checked.  I tripled checked.  I assumed I must be reading this wrong because of insomnia.

Today I finally gave up and went to the registrar's office and confessed, "I'm sorry I have no record of this student ever being in my class."  The guy looked up her record and said, "She wasn't in your class.  She in another section.  She came to you because you're the coordinator for the management classes."

I laughed, "No, I'm not..."

For the past two years I've had good coordinators (in other words they turned all the work over to me and I did it - which is what I wanted as a control freak).  My goal when I came here was to avoid anything with a title.  It's finally unavoidable.

*****
Perhaps another reason that I was borderline giddy is that I thought I'd be teaching for six weeks and giving my final in the seventh week.  Instead I'll be giving my final at the end of the fifth week.  Given a few days off for religious/school holidays that means 20 days of teaching and 3 days of exams.

Life is good... bordering on giddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment