Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sleepus interruptus

Sleeplessness is torture.  I have never had a 4 week period with less sleep than I have in the past 4 weeks and the effects mental and physical.  Last night I was asleep by 11 thanks to Ambien, no caffeine all day and exhaustion.  At 11:45 I received a call from a colleague panicking about the exam we were giving at 6PM tonight. 

I got up, made all the changes she requested and - thanks to Ambien - I have absolutely no memory of doing it.  When I proofed it this morning I found only one error, which is pretty amazing considering that one time on Ambien I thought it was a good idea to turn my couches towards the walls.

I have become extremely irritable and I am constantly on the verge of tears.  

On Monday, I am 100% done.  One way or the other I am DONE.  

Wow.  Just typing that and knowing what all I have to do between now and then brought me back to the verge of tears.

The blog is a luxury for the times when I have a few more active brain cells.  I have had a lot I have wanted to write about but it's just not going to happen.  

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever tried Trazadone to help you sleep? I swear by it, but I only take a very small piece of the pill, more to relax me and make me sleepy. You might ask your doctor about it if Ambien isn't doing the job.

    ReplyDelete