Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Camel milk

I have heard so many horror stories about milk from a camel that I was honestly scared to try it.  My new Emirati friend who goes to school at Iowa State brought me a bottle of camel milk.  I tried it with a glass of grapefruit juice next to it to kill the taste if needed.

It tasted like soy milk.  I'm not a fan of any milk but the students trying scare me was completely unfounded.  I'm happy I tried it but just like with cow's milk, I won't be buying any anytime soon.

1 comment:

  1. Milk is essentially a really "yucky" food. Even though I own two dairy cows and a goat I milk daily, I still cannot bring myself to drink another animals lactate without some kind of fermentation.
    That having been said, I LOVE cheese, yogurt, icecream, buttermilk, etc.
    I wonder if Camel milk was expensive because the "milk maid" was endanger of being spit upon. When I milk my cows the only "danger" is that she will pick her foot up and put it in the bucket, or that she will pee on me.
    Karey

    ReplyDelete