Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday update

Today is a relaxing day. It's the equivalent of Sunday back home. The university sponsored a bus to travel to Dubai for shopping but what's the point in shopping for furniture when you'll be living in a hotel room for the next couple of months?
Last night I went with Ann and some her friends to an Indian restaurant. The food was great (and I don't usually like Indian). Total bill with tip was 100 dirham (less than $30) for four people. We walked around a shopping square with a water fountain that does a choreographed dance to lights and music. The last time I saw a show like that was at the Venetian in Las Vegas.
Walking around at night is warm but not disgustingly hot.
The hotel pool has a swim up bar and a water slide. Add 3 meals a day and living here for six weeks might not be so bad. I'm glad Gus didn't come with me. I don't know what I'd have done with him while I'm living in a hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment