Saturday, August 30, 2008

Food poisoning

The homeless faculty are divided into two groups. One group is at the Hilton and the other at Intercontinental. (I've come to calling them Shelbyville - a reference Simpson fans will get.)
On Friday I met Ann and a few of her friends at the Intercontinental for lunch. Right after lunch I didn't feel so well. It got worse. Next thing I knew I was spending all my time in the bathroom with full born food poisoning.
Ann got a mild case of it. The other two women who ate with us didn't get it but they didn't eat the same food we did.
Fortunately, antibiotics are OTC here. Ann was able to purchase Cipro. It worked fast.... Although I've had nothing to eat today (Saturday) and I'm not hungry.

On the bright side, maybe I'll lose some of the weight I've gained since I've arrived!

This is what I get for going to Shelbyville.

No comments:

Post a Comment