Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Throw out the scale

I am doing well on working out.  I go at least every other day and usually it is two out of three.  Yesterday the eliptical I always use was busy so I decided to use the rowing machine.  My stomach is still on fire 24 hours later.

According to the scale I weighed in at 215 a month ago and I'm 215 today.  The difference?  Yesterday and today I wore pants that were very uncomfortably tight a month ago.  Now they are just tight.  Maybe I'm actually gaining some muscle to replace the fat.

Anyhow, it is progress.  Slow, but sure.

1 comment:

  1. Have you adjusted your eating habits, cutting down on the farm-style meals (heavy in calories and carbs)you have been eating (I am not being disrespectful...I just don't know how else to describe them)? If not, you won't lose the weight no matter how much you work out. Try eating 6 small meals a day with more protein (chicken, fish), grilled not fried, and more fresh veggies, fruits and salads. Then, hopefully, you will end up thinner with muscles instead of heavier with muscles which could make you look even heavier. (I am sure you will be pissed at me for this post but, as a person who has struggled with weight all her life, I would hope you would realize it is written as a positive rather than a negative.)

    ReplyDelete