Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Apple lays an egg

I was tired last night but decided to stay up for Apple's big announcement.  If only there had been a big announcement...

Apple took over 100 minutes to make its announcement and I'm pretty sure they pitched the ability to send a greeting card via regular old mail before they got around to announcing the iPhone 4S.  I'm not 100% sure because I was nodding off before the show was over.

Today there is much hand-wringing over how small of an improvement this phone is compared to the iPhone 4.  My complaint?  The screen is still 3.5.  Perhaps I'm a size queen but other phones have been over 4 inches for a year and a half.  Hey Apple!  My eyes aren't getting any better!  I want a larger screen!

The fatal flaw, however is in the design.  Buyers of Apple products should be ashamed of paying too much but instead most carry it as a badge of honor.  This says it all:
The only reason I upgraded from the 3GS to the 4 is that my carrier gives one year data connection free.  So upgrading saved me $50/month that I would pay for the internet.  In February my year will be up and I'll probably buy the iPhone 4S. 

Apple, I wish I could quit you.

No comments:

Post a Comment