Sunday, September 18, 2011

THUMPS UP!

Today I received my student evaluations from the spring.  I had over 220 students and didn't feel like I connected with any of my classes... so I wasn't sure what to expect.  Fortunately, the numbers were really good - well above the college and university averages.

Here are some of the comments.  First, the good:

  • the course was fun and interesting, the instructor is funny ( in good way) and he has a good ability and mood to teach so I was in his class.
  • I would like to take another class with Mr. Steven.  One of the best professors I had.
  • he's a succesful teacher, his way of teaching is very interesting and not like any other teacher



Here is a sample of the "I feel my head expanding" comments:

  • he is the best
  • He is my best teacher ever
  • Dr. Steven Kranz is the best - keep it up ^^
  • He's AMAZING, his class is one the best classes in the uni, u learn and u have fun in the same time, with him u never bored and if u like and respect the sir ur grades will be high.
I'm not sure what "respect the sir" means but it sounds kinda naughty...




The one somewhat negative comment:

  • I really enjoy this course with your class but sometimes you put some questions in the exams you don't covered in the class. This is the only negative you have but in general you are the best ;)


It's true; there are some questions I don't cover in class, but hey, welcome to college.

And there's always at least one comment that makes me laugh out loud:

  • THE BEST TEACHER EVERRRRRRRRRRR , THUMPS UP .


With no "p" or "b" in Arabic, it's not surprising they get this confused.  Remember, a year ago I was called "the pest doctor."

2 comments:

  1. Great evaluations, Steve! This just reinforces that you made the right decision to stay where you are. Thumps up from me, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Students always know when their professors have a passion for teaching. Congratulations Steve. I will consume some popcorn in your honor tonight.

    ReplyDelete