Sunday, September 25, 2011

A teaching first

I have a class of 48 students and a class of 44 being held in a room that seats 33.  I moved the classes myself and got in trouble.  So today I came into class and saw every seat taken and students standing at the back of the room.  I covered a little material and said, "That's it.  Until the university decides to give us a decent room this class is canceled. I'll send an e-mail when I hear that we have a better room."

A friend saw me shortly after and could see how angry I was.  His response, "Take the money and run."  Before that he said, "Why do you care?  It's no big deal.  If it really bothered the students they would complain.  Just let it go."

Not to be melodramatic, but the moment I quit caring about my classes is the moment I need to hang it up and find a new profession.

I've been assured the problem will be fixed before Tuesday's classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment