Sunday, September 4, 2011

Maybe not such a good idea

I am typing this from the "premium"lounge in the international terminal.  It sounds better than it is, but hey, at least they have free wine.  It's the first benefit I have received from paying $270 for the membership.  More on that in a future post.

*******
The week Mom died I couldn't bring myself to listen to my voicemail.  I thought,"'I'll save it for the airport on my way out...'"  Don't ask me why that sounded like a good idea in the first place...

I just listened to them and it has, umm, reduced me to a bucket of tears.  Enough so that it's made everyone else in the lounge look at me.  In particular was a call from my HS friend Martha who got the news two weeks ago just before she was to board plane back home.  Her heartfelt/tearful memory of Mom is a voicemail I wish I could keep.

Anyhow, I have to go... Seeing how I am now I can't fathom how I would have made the trip home had Mom died while I was in the Emirates.  My plane for Abu Dhabi boards soon. - Steve

1 comment: