Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Workout for life...

...literally.

I have always had borderline high blood pressure.  While back in the US I had it checked and I had crossed the line to seriously high blood pressure and I talked with my doctor about the various treatments.  I've tried round one and it hasn't worked.  If anything - according to my Walgreens monitor - it's become worse.  I average 130-100 (not good) and I've even had a reading of 140-109 (scarily stroke potential).

I renewed the gym membership that I used less than a half-dozen times last year and I've been there 3 times in the past week. 

I have parents and grandparents with good longevity, but I also have a cousin who died way too young from a stroke; I know this is nothing to mess around with.  As an economist at heart I am searching for the right incentive tool to make me healthier - beyond the "you're gonna die" part.

Any suggestions on what has worked for any of you is appreciated.

2 comments: