Saturday, April 23, 2011

Rainy Day fund

When I use the ATM or go to the bank they usually give Dh 500 bills ($135).  When I break them at a store I often get the Dh $200 bills ($54).  I like to save these gold bills.  It's the only bill in their currency that is gold.
Notice the prominent falcon on both sides of the bill.  The falcon is the national bird and raising/training falcons is supposedly second only to raising camels.

Anyhow, my stock of Dh 200 bills is dwindling.  On Thursday a radiator hose broke, the car overheated and a gasket blew.  The good news?  Our repair guy came to my place (15 miles from his shop) picked up my car and took it back to his place.  Tonight he is returning it.  Complete at home service!  The price?  Dh 1000 ($270).

There have been many times in my life where a $270 bill would have been very difficult.  I am grateful that now it is simply an inconvenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment