Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Today is Flunk Day???

For those not familiar with Flunk Day:  Each spring the outgoing student body president gets to call all classes off for one day.  All tests, papers due, everything is cancelled.  Of course, the tests are made up in the next day. The day to be picked is held secret.  I had the dubious honor of calling it my senior and my Flunk Day was a bit chilly - high of 59 with a bit of gale force wind.

There was a colder day called ten years before me and there have two colder since mine but for some reason most associated with the college believe that my Flunk Day was the coldest.

This year takes me off the hook.  At 1PM Iowa time it is 41 degrees!  According to Donna Spellman people are playing volleyball with winter coats on.

That poor student body president is going to be in therapy for years.

2 comments:

  1. Flunk Day! And the 100th one!

    Maybe they figured a lot of students would skip today (4/20) anyway.

    ~Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my closest friend's birthday is today and he's the one who explained 4:20 to me. Perhaps, April 20th should become the permanent Flunk Day!

    ReplyDelete