Friday, April 1, 2011

I can't blog when I can't type

This ranks pretty high on the list of dumb things I've done:  Towards the end of February I realized I needed to clip my nails.  I thought, "Let's see what life is like if I don't all the way until the end of March."

For the past two weeks they have made me miserable.  It seems like they catch on everything I open or pick up.  I nearly drew blood one day when I went to scratch my arm.  I had to trim my index nails; taking out contacts became too scary.

I did find myself pretending to be Mr. Burns and saying, "Exxxcellent..."

The worst problem was typing.  With long nails I made 3 errors for every 5 characters.  I basically had to give up writing.  

It was a dumb experiment.  Yes, I learned something, but it was still pretty dumb.  It's something I can't see trying again unless I need to find ways to pass the time in a nursing home someday.

5 comments:

  1. You call that LONG? Kiddo, you don't know what long is. When you come home, I'll show you what LONG is. Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is little that disgusts me more (i.e., grosses me out) than long fingernails on a man, especially manicured/filed/shaped as in these pictures. Makes me want to puke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was exceptionally rude and completely unnecessary...

    ~M

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's OK, Matt. I know who it is from and it's what I've come to expect from her.

    ReplyDelete